Learn from incidents to turn unexpected events into a positive force for change.
Creating a learning organisation
LJM Group offers quality ICAM training and support for incident investigation. The effective management of incidents is one of the cornerstones of good safety. Leading practice organisations strive to continually learn by taking an integrated approach to the incident management process. Learning organisations encourage and enable people to:
- Proactively seek issues, hazards and opportunities
- Openly report incidents without fear or blame or recrimination
- Investigate with rigour to understand the contributing factors
- Conduct analysis to uncover underlying conditions and systemic issues
- Embed and monitor corrective actions to ensure real change occurs
Incident Management and ICAM Training for lead investigators
LJM Group’s 2-day Incident Management and Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM) Lead Investigator Training Course focuses on how to turn an essentially negative event – an incident – into a positive, culture changing force. At the heart of the course is the ICAM methodology.
- LJM Group’s courses are delivered by expert trainers and assessors and based on decades of industry experience.
- LJM Group builds capability of both leaders and WHS professionals to investigate and genuinely learn from incidents.
- Students receive an Incident Investigation Manual, Pocket Guide and access to LJM’s electronic tools to support investigations.
- LJM Group’s ICAM training courses receive excellent feedback. From 2016-22, 99% of respondents agreed that they would recommend the course to others.
Who should attend?
The course is individuals with work experience who participate in work related health and safety investigations as part of their responsibilities, including managers, supervisors and Work Health and Safety (WHS) professionals.
Prospective students must possess Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 or able to complete an LLN assessment in order for us to determine your LLN level and suitability to the course.
Accredited Training on behalf of ARC Training, RTO Number 91007
- LJM Group’s two-day Incident Management and ICAM Lead Investigator Course is aligned to “RIIWHS301E Conduct safety and health investigations”
- LJM Group (Lloyd-Jones Meakin Group Pty Ltd) has Partnered with ARC Training, RTO Number 91007 to offer this unit of competency.
- Students who successfully complete the course and meet the Vocational Education and Training (VET) assessment criteria will receive a Statement of Attainment for “RIIWHS301E Conduct safety and health investigations”, issued by ARC Training RTO Number 91007.
- Classroom: Training and assessment takes place in a classroom and involves discussions and activities.
- Self-directed learning: Further study and assessment activities are done by participants in their own time.
- Assessment: The methods in which students are assessed include written questions, scenarios and observations.
Public Online ICAM training courses
LJM Group’s Incident Management and ICAM Lead Investigator training is now available as an online course, delivered in 4 x 4-hour sessions.
Online courses are hosted on Zoom.
Cost: $1,595 per person
Early Bird Rate: $1,395 per person if paid one month before course date
For individuals enrolling in the course, $1000 is payable on registration and the remainder on attendance. Fee protection and refund arrangements are included in the Student Information document provided on course registration.
New courses to be scheduled soon.
“The most engaging, interesting, well delivered training I have ever received, considering this was done remotely, an amazing achievement. Would highly recommend.”
training participant June 2021
In-house investigation and ICAM training
LJM Group also offers In-House Training and Refresher Courses to suit your organisation’s requirements at your choice of location and date.
LJM Group has four Incident Management courses to cover a range of needs. These courses are based on decades of industry and incident investigation experience and delivered by an expert facilitator, using modern adult learning and training principles.
- Two-day ICAM training, aligned to RIIWHS301E Conduct safety and health investigations, a nationally recognised unit of competency.
- One-day Basic Incident Management and ICAM training
- Half-day Basic Incident Investigation training
- Incident Management and Stewardship training for senior managers
LJM can adapt its materials to reflect your company’s procedures and objectives.E
When serious incidents occur, the value of an independent expert to investigate cannot be understated. LJM can provide organisations with the expertise and impartiality of veteran investigators to ensure the underlying causes are uncovered and corrective actions are identified that will result in real change.
Incident management systems
LJM Group can design, refine and improve an organisations incident management systems and processes. The outcome is systems that drive the right incident management behaviours and are simple and effective to use. The right systems also generate meaningful data that allows leaders to drive continuous improvement.
Incident data analysis
LJM Group can provide expert analysis of:
- Long-term incident data to identify risk exposures, the effectiveness of controls and opportunities for organisational improvement and
- How well systems and process contribute to the creation of a learning organisation